Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sparkly Ears


BLING!

This morning Ansley woke up and excitedly stated, "I got earrings Mom!"

That's right, I finally went and got her ears pierced:) She had been asking me for a while and I told her we could when she was 2 cuz I figured I could just get both girls ears done at that point. But then someone told her that it would hurt so she got scared, so I put it off. But now it's obvious Shirley's not going to get hair soon either, so girly earrings here we come!

Everyone asks... HOW WAS IT? It's honestly just like when they get shots at the doctors, painful, but VERY short lived tears. So for the first time I officially get to say that Shirley got something FIRST:) I'm sure being the second child she won't get to say that very often, but she got her ears pierced first. That wasn't the plan of course... I didn't want Ansley to see her cry, but in the end I think it worked out for the better. Ansley knew it was going to hurt, but seeing how quickly Shirley calmed down I think helped her. Ansley sat in my lap during the process and was so terrified of how it was going to hurt she screamed when the girl cleaned her ears saying that it hurt. Of course I said are you sure... You don't think that maybe it was just cold? Then she didn't want the girl to draw a dot on her ears, so we had Ansley draw on the girl (the girl was awesome!), Ansley thought that was pretty cool. But still terrified I told her she didn't have to do it if she didn't want to. She cried saying that she wanted to go home, I said OK, but she stayed, she sure is brave, she knew what she wanted, knew it was going to hurt, but stuck through it. So punch, it was done. Lots of tears, but then the mirror... thru the tears was a huge smile, a grin ear to ear. "I like them Mom, I like my earrings, sparklies!" The first cleaning that night she claimed that it hurt, but I think it was just the memories from the afternoon because all the cleanings today were fine. She was just happy to have sparklies in her ears. She really enjoyed showing them off, so next time you see her make sure you check them out!

It honestly makes my little baldies look totally girly and SO ADORABLE!!! Seriously... I was kind of shocked at the difference:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was searching for a GF's blog and came across yours. Loved your story about both girls getting their ears pierced with the YDD going first!

I had two baldies of similar age and wanted the ODD to have her ears pierced, but she was afraid. However, as soon as her baby sister (age 6 wks) got earrings, then she wanted them too with minimial fuss.

Think you were a smart mommy for going ahead and having both girls ears pierced. Neither will remember and both will grow up with earrings!

Nice job, mom!

Amy
amyswor@hotmail.com