Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Yummy Pacifier



Now Ansley has not been one who craves her pacifier. She uses it during the day just when she is tired, and at night when she first goes to sleep. Sometimes she spits it out when I think she'd want it, other times she's totally fine and doesn't cry for it when it falls out. When she was younger she would even gag on it like it was the most terrible thing in the world, even so far as to pretend to be choking on it! Now apparently she has found a new pacifier. I don't know if this is becoming a habit of hers, finding sticks of fruits and vegtables to suck on, but if it makes her happy I think I might invest in some:) We were at my mom's house swimming. She'd just woken up from a very short, very needed nap, and was still a little whiny. So my sister Sarah decided to give her a piece of cantalope to suck on. It was a little slippery, so we tried wrapping it in a towel cuz she kept dropping it and getting very upset (see the tear). But finally she solved her own problem by treating it like a pacifier and just sucking on it hands free! What a smart girl we have.

As far as Ansley growing up... She's getting better at sitting up on her own every day! She seems to enjoy playing while sitting next to me, whether it's with toys, or bending over to eat her toes. She has started to pick up sucking her thumb again, though today she's found her lower lip to be quite intriguing. I told you she had mastered rolling over to her tummy, she's getting there on rolling back to her back. She sure gabs a lot, definitely a Wither's girl! And even though no one else believes us, she is finally growing some hair! It's short and thin, but I can't wait to style it:) She loves outside and going for our nightly family walks. This weekend we've decided to try out Yellowstone, can't wait to see how happy she is, I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: