Sunday, January 31, 2010

Ansley Turns 2

So in just a few short hours Ansley officially turns 2! The past week it has been quite obvious... 'I do it on my own!' This statement has been made off and on the past few months, but it became her slogan this past week. In most ways it has been a blessing so far. Since Shirley was born it has been a little hard to help her all the time, not really hard actually, just a little frustrating when she asks for help on the easy things she's had no problem doing for a while. Now though she likes doing most things on her own which is wonderful for me and Shirley, fun to watch, and at the same time a little scary as she tries the navigate the stairs without the railing. Last Sunday was when it became obvious she was turning two, this is the day she began getting into things without asking. Lotion is her all time favorite as she enjoys caking it in her hair:) Right now I'm enjoying her new found independence, I'm sure in the near future I will start to be aggitated. Hopefully though I'll be able to remind myself that it is just a stage and something she needs to go thru to gain her independence, build character, and learn.

Yesterday we had a Hannah Montana all Glitter Birthday Party! Some would say why do you go thru all the trouble for something they won't remember... EASY ANSWER! For myself!!! I had so much fun!!! I know Ansley did too, it was so enjoyable to see her play with all the glitter, dance to Hannah's music, dress up like hannah montana, blow out her candles, and thank her friends for all the wonderful gifts. All the mom's seamed to enjoy themselves too, and the girls will live their memory thru the awesome pictures Brady took. Check them out at his flickr site, link to the right:) When it was all over Ansley and I sat down on the couch and giggled. I asked her if she had fun, and there was an immediate 'YES!' and 'I love you Mom!' and even 'Thank You So Much!' 'I loved my Hannah Party Montana!

No comments: