Monday, January 11, 2010

I've Been Waiting For This Day


Ansley always seems to have SO much energy! Well I guess that most kids her age do right? Anyways I love it when I see kids have so much fun playing that they get so tired and just crash right on the floor where they are playing...

Monday's are my major work all day, don't take a break day, so Ansley sadly has to play by herself all day. She does really good, not whining or crying, I'm a mom who can actually talk on the phone:) So today is just like any other Monday, she watches movies, plays with her new kitchen, plays with Shirley, her babies, Elmo, you name it, anything to keep herself entertained... So I'm sitting at the table working on my computer when all of a sudden I swear that I hear snoring! I'm not kidding!!! I look over and sure enough she had laid down on the blanket I leave out for Shirley and had totally passed out watching a movie! On a side note... the movie was The Grinch, one of her current favorites:) I couldn't believe it! Some days she doesn't got down for her nap till 3pm and it was only a little after noon. I debated whether I should pick her up and move her to her bed or just let her sleep there. Hmmm, an uncomfortable nap, and possibly short, or when I try to move her she wakes up and then doesn't take a nap at all. I opted for leave her, and it worked too! She slept for almost 2 hours, at one point she woke up, and you could tell she thought about getting back up and playing, but decided she was too tired and went back to sleep:)

So sadly I continued working and just smiled to myself, glad that at least I get to work at home so that I don't miss moments like this.

No comments: